INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF ORAL PRESENTATIONS
If using a PowerPoint presentation (or any other PC based application), please note you need to bring it on USB Memory stick or CD/DVD and load it on one of the congress computers in the Speakers' Ready Room at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
Speakers presenting their abstracts in Oral Presentation Sessions have each been allocated 15 minutes to present (including discussion).
All oral presenters should be present at their session from the start of the session.
Please note that the congress computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2010 ( at least ).
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers' Ready Room.
Alternatively you may supply your own laptop computer. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers' Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
1. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
2. Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC ).
Alternatively you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please confirm you provide it with a VGA adaptor for external signal, advise the operators in the Speakers' Ready Room about it as soon as you arrive and later on test it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
PLEASE NOTE: In compliance with EBAC requirements all speakers are requested to include a slide disclosing conflicts of interest at the beginning of their presentation
Please click below to download a template of the disclosure slide.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Poster Board Size: 1m width x 2.5m height (Portrait style).
- Posters will be presented in three sessions: Monday, November 30, Tuesday, December 1 and Wednesday, December 2.
- Please check the Final Program received upon registration to the conference for the number of the poster board allocated to you. Please use the board with the same number.
- Presenters with posters should mount their posters from 08:00 on their scheduled presentation day. Presenters should stand next to their posters for informal discussions during the coffee and lunch breaks.
- Posters may be prepared on one sheet (preferred method) or alternatively on several smaller sheets.
- It is recommended that your poster be no larger than 90cm wide x 120cm high (Portrait style).
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- Double-sided tape will be available in the poster area for hanging of posters.
- The organizers are not responsible for any posters that have not been removed by the end of the sessions on the day in which they have been scheduled.
GUIDED POSTER SESSIONS
These sessions will take place during the morning and afternoon coffee breaks. You are invited to join the session in order to hear a short presentation by each author. All posters presented in the guided poster sessions will be on display for the duration of the poster session.